Thursday, December 10, 2009

Caval - 6th World Concept



Unlike the other levels up to this point, Caval is visually "open." Whereas the other worlds are swimming in fog and long shadows, Caval by contrast has virtually no haze at all. Unobstructed views will show an ocean seemingly visible all the way to the horizon. I've never done anything like this so I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish it. I'm essentially making this up as I'm going along.

One of the things I wasn't paying to much attention to was the number of faces, though I knew I shouldn't have too many for performance reasons. At first they were all quads but I went back and knocked down the size of alot of the meshes and converted them to tris. I still don't know what the hell I'm doing, probably just making a mess. :D

No comments: